So after a lovely weekend, a raging tribute to our newly thirty daughter and a restorative dinner out at Sarducci’s we are ready to take on the new week.
First, store business. Tickets available for the wine tasting June 20th, we are about 2/3rds full, inquire at the store. We are carrying Philomena’s fresh pasta and sauce. Talk about local, made about 60 feet away from the store!
Think about breakfast…We have awesome egg, cheddar and bacon or sausage sandwiches on english muffins (or gluten free bread or vegan sausage), chocolate and plain croissants, fresh muffins in a variety of flavors every morning, juice, coffee, tea, ice coffee, yogurt, really just about everything. Eat Breakfast, its good for you.
Usually Peter is the one with tales from the dark side but I started talking with a friend this morning and we got to talking about hiring people. I am all about the second chance, we have hired many solid people who are on probation. At first it was inadvertent. (Honestly, I still feel really awkward asking that question). Someone from Probation and Parole called me when I got to three employees that were on probation, (this was in the first year), and I had no idea. I do hate asking that question so google has become a bit of a standard pre-reference call check for me. Without google I have hired:
- Someone convicted of selling heroin on craigslist(great employee, but maybe not that bright)
- Someone convicted of breaking into small stores (never ours but the down side of this guy was the day he couldn’t show up for work because, yep, caught breaking into a small Mom and Pop, jeez)
Now with my google pre check I have avoided:
- Someone about to go to jail for quite a while (I think we were a last ditch effort to look responsible)
- Someone very recently released for being the shooter in a drive by shooting (yes, here in VT). This the best bullet I dodged, (pun intended), because of all the things I dislike, “DRAMA” is at the top of the list. If nothing else, a drive by shooting puts you firmly in the drama queen category.
Anyway those are the exceptions and not the rule. Our employees are awesome but we have done some digging to find these gems. 🙂
The fish tomorrow:
- Dayboat Haddock
- Alaskan King Salmon
- Icelandic Arctic Char
- Alaskan Cod. Frozen at sea
- Whole Rainbow Trout
- Shetland Salmon
- Yellow tail sole, dayboat
- 10/20 Dry Scallops
- 16/20 Wild Gulf Shrimp
|Day of the Week||Lunch Special||Soup Special||Dinner Special|
|Monday||Hot spice rubbed Salmon sandwich on a soft roll.||Clam Chowder||Italian meatloaf|
|Tuesday||meatball sub||Greek Lemon Chicken Soup||Shrimp Scampi|
|Wednesday||Grilled Ahi tuna steak sandwich||Lobster Bisque||Salmon Cakes with Caper mayo|
|Thursday||Bahn Mi, Vietnamese chicken sandwich||Chicken and Sausage Gumbo||Shrimp Quesadilla|
|Friday||Pulled pork sandwich, come early, it sells out!||Fish Chowder||Chef’s choice!|
See you at the Store!
The Uncommon Market
The Market Worth Walking To