Summer time and I haven’t fired up my grill at home, definitely something wrong with this picture. Maybe this week. Peter and I are doing a little two week stint of cleaning up our diet. No booze, no simple carbs and no meat for two weeks. So I am going to be grilling some vegetables! Probably one of my all time favorite Melissa Clark recipes from the NY Times is her grilled ratatouille, so fun to move the cooking outdoors. Grilled ratatouille with crostini and goat cheese, I’ll probably wait for the weekend for that. I’m glad fish isn’t off our list, I so love our salmon. Tonight though I think will be lentils and brown rice. And here’s our go to lentil salad.
Warm French Lentil Salad
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium carrot, cut into a small dice
1 small onion, cut into a small dice
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped thyme
1 cup french lentils
3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 shallot, finely chopped
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¾ cup olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot, onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the lentils and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool and then drain.
- In a small jar, combine the mustard, shallot, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Add the olive oil. Cover tightly with a lid and shake it vigorously until combined.
- Place the lentils into a large bowl and add the vinaigrette to taste and toss and season with salt and pepper.
The fish tomorrow:
- Dayboat Haddock
- Icelandic Arctic Char
- Alaskan Cod. Frozen at sea
- Shetland Salmon
- Yellow tail sole, dayboat
- 10/20 Dry Scallops
- 16/20 Shrimp
- Wellfleet Oysters
|Day of the Week||Lunch Special||Soup Special||Dinner Special|
|Monday||Hot spice rubbed Salmon sandwich on a soft roll.||Clam Chowder||Italian meatloaf|
|Tuesday||Meatball sub||Greek Lemon Chicken Soup||Shrimp Scampi|
|Wednesday||Grilled Ahi tuna steak sandwich||Lobster Bisque||Salmon Cakes with Caper mayo|
|Thursday||Bahn Mi, Vietnamese chicken sandwich||Chicken and Sausage Gumbo||Shrimp Quesadilla|
|Friday||Pulled pork sandwich, come early, it sells out!||Fish Chowder||Chef’s choice!|
See you at the Store!
The Uncommon Market
The Market Worth Walking To